Monday, April 28, 2014

Family Memories #3 The Birthday


Not all memories have to be from long ago. Some are being made as we go. This week I am going to give a shout out to my  youngest son.

This weekend we will be celebrating his eighteenth birthday. I know, that means I am getting old.
I am not his biological father but I am his dad. I became a part of his life several years ago. His natural dad is not part of his life. I am thankful that he has accepted me as part of his life. I truly count him as my son.
I have never asked him for help when he has not gotten up and delivered. He is one of the few young men his age that will stay with a task as long as I do. That is saying something in this day and age.

I am letting him drive my old Bronco, the perfect vehicle for any true male. He is very proud to drive it and I trust him with it completely.

He is not what one would typically classify as an outdoors type person, but he has learned a ton since we have gotten to know each other. I have been able to teach him to change a tire, check the fluids in a car, run a chainsaw, split wood, and several other things. He has never let me down.

We celebrated his birthday in fine rural fashion with a bon-fire. A few of his friends came over. We grilled over 70 hotdogs. One of his friends turned the jack of his truck into a mini swimming pool. A great time was had by all.
Our daughter and nephew in the "Truck Pool"


Son, I want to thank you for letting me be your dad. Take the lessons I have tried to teach you and make your own...

Rural Dreams and Homestead Wishes.

You can subscribe to The Rural Economist by email by simply filling out the form at the top right of the page. Your information will never be sold or given to anyone else. You can like The Rural Economist on Facebook. Or you can even follow The Rural Economist on Pintrest.

For more posts with my son, check these out:

No comments:

Post a Comment