Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
There are several things that are a constant on every homestead no matter what size. One of these constants is a strong work ethic. Each and everyone of us strive to find a better way of doing all the things we have to get done. We don't necessarily want the quickest way, but the best way or the way that fits us best. Not taking the easy way out and not buying into what society is selling has always been a cornerstone of all those who homestead.
There are many that look at our way of life and think that it is bondage. We have critters to feed, plants to tend, rows to weed, and countless other duties some of which will undoubtedly have to be put off until tomorrow. There is a freedom of mind and of spirit that I find when I plant my garden or when I harvest an animal. I believe an organic based homestead is close to being a good steward of God's creation.
I cannot wait to read your posts.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!Kelly - Simple Life Mom (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+) Lindsey - Chickadee Homestead (Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram) Jennifer - Homesteading on Grace (Facebook/Pinterest/G+) Amanda - Idlewild Alaska (Facebook/Pinterest) Gregg - The Rural Economist (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+/Instagram) Bonnie - The Not So Modern Housewife (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+)
Featured Posts from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature.Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. Homemade Mini Apple Pies From Homesteading on 4 D Acres
2. How to Wisely Buy Firewood from Mom Prepares
3. 10 Life Lessons I Learned on the Homestead from Little Blog on the Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
- Please link back to this post somehow (a text link is ok). This is one thing we look for when choosing who to feature. We will share on multiple social media if you are featured!