The temperatures are finally cooling down and the days are noticeably shorter, the summer garden has slowed and will soon be gone. hunting season has begun. Dove, early goose, squirrel, and rabbit seasons are open here and I still haven't been able to get out there, but I will soon.
As the duties around the homestead start to wain we begin to plan for the next year, do maintenance on our equipment, and think of the time of year when for us there is a little bit of a break in the pace. As we look forward to the full colors of fall and the festivities of winter we can take a breath. So take a moment, sit back with your cup of coffee or your glass of sweet tea and spend some time with us.
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!Now on to the hop... Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!Kelly - Simple Life Mom (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+) Jennifer - Homesteading on Grace (Facebook/Pinterest/G+) Amanda - Idlewild Alaska (Facebook/Pinterest) Lindsey - Chickadee Homestead (Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram) Bonnie - The Not So Modern Housewife (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+) Gregg - The Rural Economist (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+/Instagram)
Featured Posts from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature.Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. No Sew Lavender Sachets From Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth
2. How to Make Homemade Chocolate from Purposefully Simple
3. Finally a Clothesline from The Lewis Family Farm
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
- Please link back to this post somehow (a text link is ok). This is one thing we look for when choosing who to feature. We will share on multiple social media if you are featured!