Monday, March 28, 2016

Episode 49 Should You Take a Wilderness Survival Course



In this episode we talk about wilderness survival courses.

General Information

Wilderness survival courses last anywhere from a few hours in an afternoon to a couple of months. Generally the longer the course the more intense the training. Course cost runs from $25 to hundreds of dollars per course.
Shorter courses tend to focus on surviving long enough to be rescued and more advanced courses teach bush crafting and true long term survival.

What You Will Learn

Basic Course

Suggested Gear
Firemaking
Water acquisition and prification
Basic Knots
Basic Shelters
Signaling
In a basic course you may not cover food at all.

Advanced Courses

Navigation
Basic Herbal Medicine
Foraging and Trapping Food
More Permanent Shelters

Benefits of Taking a Course

Confidence
Skill Development
Problem Solving

Who Absolutely Should Take a Survival Course

Hunters
Fishers
Hikers
Campers
Skiers

It is more optional for everyone else, but still provides all of the same benefits. If there is a low cost course in your area, I strongly suggest you consider taking one. If you have an avid outdoors-man in your family that does things the old way, you may be able to learn from them.

Outdoor activities are great fun and can be enhanced by knowing these skills. If you are a prepper these skills will cross over in to everyday life if something happens.

Bringing Rural Back

Enter the Listener Appreciation  Contest.

You can like The Rural Economist on Facebook follow on The Rural Economist on Gplus. We now have a YouTube channel and we cover all sorts of things. Hop on over and check them out, oh and don't forget to subscribe. I have just joined Instagram if you would like you can follow us HERE. We will be sharing several things over the next year, I hope to see you there.
Check out The Rural Economist on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I was infected with Genital Herpes Virus six months ago, ever since then i have been searching for cure everywhere because i was feeling so uncomfortable with it. I have been dating for almost 5 years until i contracted Genital Herpes from my ex-boyfriend. Since then i became very sad about the whole situation, always going online checking if i could get a cure to Genital Herpes, then i came across so many testimonies. Due to my seriousness and eagerness to be completely cured, i became a victim of fraud after contacting several so-called herbal doctors i was referred to. I lost a lot of money but i didn't stop searching for a cure. Then one faithful day, i came across a testimony of a lady saying that she got her Genital herpes cured by a Great Herbal Doctor she called Dr Ogudugu by contacting him through his email address. And she advised anyone with Genital Herpes or Simplex Herpes to contact the herbal doctor for Herbal Cure. I contemplated for about 4 hours whether or not to contact him. then something inside of me told me 'Nothing good comes easy'. I then contacted him through his email and told him my problem. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions to follow, which i did properly. Just within weeks of drinking and applying the herbal medication he sent to me through dhl delivery service, i started seeing changes, i went to my medical doctor for check-up, i was so happy when the doctor told me i was no more having Genital Herpes Virus, it was all tears of Joy from that moment, People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health and if i could ever meet a Genuinely Great Herbal Doctor. I'm so grateful to him. i am completely free from Genital Herpes Virus, i introduced a family friend who have Simplex Herpes virus to him, He called me and told me he was also cure completely. I promised to share my own testimony like that of the lady on the internet. Friends, if you are also struggling with Herpes disease you can as well Contact him via Email: greatogudugu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete