Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
This year has been interesting. We had a fairly wet spring, not as bad as some of our friends further north, but we were delayed in planting our garden. Even after our garden was in, we were still getting a good bit of rain. Then it was like someone turned the spigot off, it turned really dry. The heat has been another issue this year for us. We have had heat indexes in excess of 105 degrees more this year than any I can remember and I take notice of things like that.
Rain started this weekend and has not let up. The temperature is much more bearable, and the plants really needed it. I am already seeing the signs of the approaching fall and I am ready for it. If you would like to know more about the signs people have used to predict weather I invite you to check out this post.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!Kelly - Simple Life Mom (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+) Jennifer - Homesteading on Grace (Facebook/Pinterest/G+) Amanda - Idlewild Alaska (Facebook/Pinterest) Bonnie - The Not So Modern Housewife (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+) Gregg - The Rural Economist (Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter/G+/Instagram)
Featured Posts from the Last Homestead Blog HopEach week we will choose three posts to feature.Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. Easy Blackberry Pie From Homesteading on 4 D Acres
2. Easy Homemade Strawberry Syrup from your Trash from Stone Family Farmstead
3. 5 Tips to Keep Your Kids Healthy for Back to School from Organic 4 Greenlivings
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
Guidelines for this Get-Together:Let the Party Begin!
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog!
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!
- Please link back to this post somehow (a text link is ok). This is one thing we look for when choosing who to feature. We will share